OK, we know it’s not technically summer yet, and it’s totally not midsummer, but we can’t help but rush right into summer dreaming—and reading—especially on the warm, sunny days we’re currently enjoying in DC!
Perhaps some of you are already thinking about new ways—or plays—to teach next year. As you spend some time this summer reflecting, revising, and planning, we hope you’ll continue to find this blog a valuable resource.
Today we’re sharing some resources for those of you who, like us, have A Midsummer Night’s Dream on the brain. Below you’ll find multimedia, teaching ideas, and classroom-ready materials that teachers all over the country have found useful to the teaching and learning of this dreamy comedy.
- The complete Folger Edition of the play, online and searchable, for free;
- A synopsis, image gallery, and printing history of Midsummer;
- A teaching module on 1.2, 3.1, and 5.1 of Midsummer;
- A teaching module on close reading Midsummer through performance;
- A video trailer for Folger Theatre’s 2016 production of Midsummer;
- A teacher-to-teacher video about the benefits of teaching Midsummer; and
- Over 1,000 images, which appear when we search Luna, our digital image collection, for images related to this play!
Here’s to dreaming, thinking, and doing big.