In case you’ve forgotten: Tomorrow is Shakespeare’s 450th Birthday.
In my recent post I wrote about the Romeo and Juliet Balcony Scene-Flash Mob event that the Folger is hosting on YouTube. We’ve gotten lots of questions and comments about this activity, and we’re hoping that you take the time to get your students to create this scene.
However, Rachel Eugster from Ottawa’s Company of Fools, noticed that there was an error on the script in the original post . In the editing process, the line, “I have no joy of this contract tonight” was attributed to Romeo instead of Juliet. We’re so sorry that this happened, and we hope you haven’t made too many copies yet.
So here is the CORRECTED BALCONY SCENE SCRIPT.
If you’ve already used the original one and recorded the video, don’t fret. You can still submit the video even though that one line doesn’t quite make sense.
And remember, there is still time to submit your YouTube videos. In case you forgot, here are the guidelines:
Here are the rules:
- You need to use the CORRECTED BALCONY SCENE SCRIPT. It takes about 3 1/2 minutes to perform.
- The scene needs to be performed chorally–all the Romeos must speak together and all the Juliets must reply together.
- Have the Juliets elevated somewhere and the Romeos standing below them.
- Record the scene on video and upload it to YouTube.
- Send the YouTube link by April 30 to EducationGroup@folger.edu.
Once again, any questions can be sent to me at Mlomonico@Folger.edu.