Teaching Shakespeare Institute: boot camp for English teachers

Teaching Shakespeare Institute
What alumni are saying about Teaching Shakespeare Institute

We could tell you all about the Folger’s Teaching Shakespeare Institute–the intensity and rigor of our classes, the practical techniques that go on to prove their worth in the classroom over and over, the fun times and good memories with other like-minded teachers who becoming lifelong friends.

But we’ll let some of our alumni tell you about their experience in their own words:

“Transformative. Empowering. Delightful. Beguiling. The essence of what teaching and learning should be. Gets to the heart of why most of us got in this business in the first place. A necessity in these test-centric days.”

“Teaching Shakespeare Institute is intellectually stimulating, mind blowing, pedagogical food for the soul. The most intense, educational, informative and useful professional development I have ever had the good fortune to experience. The knowledge and resources I gleaned in one month surpassed my two years of education in graduate school for teaching!”

“Every lesson that I teach – every discussion, handout, idea, unit and poetic gesture that is found in my classroom – can be traced to the incredible summer that I spent at The Folger Summer Institute: It is all about the text.”

What are you waiting for? Submit your application by March 4.

And if you’re a TSI alum, you know exactly what we’re talking about. Give a shout-out in the comments and be sure to share this blog post with your teacher friends!